October 23, 2023

Wealth in the World



“Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions.”
Luke 12:15





“There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest. He asked himself, ‘What shall I do, for I do not have space to store my harvest?’ And he said, ‘This is what I shall do: I shall tear down my barns and build larger ones. There I shall store all my grain and other goods and I shall say to myself, “Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”’ (Luke 12:16-19)

But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?’  (Luke 12:20)

Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.” (Luke 12:21)


All the wealth in the world cannot be compared with the happiness of living together happily united. -- Blessed Margaret d'Youville


Published: 
September 13, 2017, 6:09 AM
October 21, 2013, 8:33 AM
September 25, 2011 - 6:38AM