August 19, 2013

TREASURE IN HEAVEN

WISH TO BE PERFECT?
 
Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many possessions." (Mt 19:21-22)

COME AND FOLLOW JESUS!

The biggest stumbling block to be perfect has always been man's attachment to his valuable material possessions that he can not let go. When you come to follow Jesus, you must leave all things behind.
I was enjoying my work over the computer in updating my books of account but I have to leave it behind because of my service to the Lord.

Each time I come to follow Jesus, He always makes sure that my joy will be full and complete. No material wealth can ever take the place of the Lord in my heart for in him I have found peace and love that can never be bought.
Lord, you are the most valuable treasure I wish for.  Only in you can I ever enter into life and with you, I have everything.

Thank you so much for your Spirit that moves me to give priority to you above anything in this world. When it comes to you, I can leave all things behind.

In a very special way, I pray for all those who are too much attached to their material wealth. May they fully understand the truth that all these came from you and at any given time, you can take them all away from them. What matters most is you who is the giver of all things and not the gifts or treasures that they possess.

May you always be praised and glorified in all that I say and do. With much love and gratitude I pray in Jesus Name. Amen.